Orange County Adult Protective Services
800-451-5155 (24-Hour Hotline)
Facts on Financial Abuse - Reporting for Financial Institutions.
Elder Abuse Forensic Center - A collaboration of experts to better understand, identify, and treat elder abuse.
Adult Protective Services (APS) are directed at preventing or remedying neglect, abuse or exploitation of adults who are unable to protect their own interests because of age or disability.
- Elders - age 60 or older
- Dependent adults - physically, mentally, or developmentally disabled 18-59 year olds
Adult Protective Services are provided without regard to income or resources. A client must live in Orange County and be the victim of abuse either by self or by another that occurred in the community.
Elder and Dependent Adult Abuse Facts
- The Orange County Elder and Dependent Adult Abuse Registry received over 9,000 reports of elder and dependent adult abuse in 2014.
- The number of abuse reports increased 74% from 2004 to 2014.
- The most frequently reported abuse by others is financial. Financial institution employees became mandated reporters on January 1, 2007.
- Victims live throughout the County and come from all income levels.
- Anyone who suspects, observes, or knows that an elder or dependent adult is being abused is encouraged to call Orange County Adult Protective Services for help 1-800-451-5155.
- Adult Protective Services Information
To have Adult Protective Services Information or an Adult Protective Services brochure mailed to you contact 714-704-8000.