Select a language:

Other Info Needed When Applying For CalWORKs

  • Proof that countable property is below the $10,888 limit ($16,333.00 for an assistance unit (AU) with at least one member who is 60 or older), such as:
    • statements for bank accounts 
    • trust funds
      • Effective 01/2024: $11,634.00 / $17,452.00 for Household (HH) members older than 60.
  • A car will not be counted in this limit if it is worth less than $32,045.
  • A home will not be counted if the CalWORKs applicant is buying it and living in it.
  • Recipients may set-up a restricted use savings account subject to  approval based on existing regulations.
  • Proof that income is within limits as set forth by Federal law for the family size.
    • The worker will inform the applicant what is needed.
  • Proof of citizenship for all family members applying for aid who are citizens, such as birth certificate, baptismal certificate, or other government document. If the applicant does not have proof of citizenship, additional time may be allowed to provide proof of citizenship after the aid is approved.

There may be additional information or proofs that the worker may need to ensure that all the rules are met. The worker will give the applicant time to provide these documents. If the applicant needs help getting proofs, or needs help paying for proofs, the worker may provide assistance.

What To Bring When Applying For CalWORKs Cash Aid?

How To Apply For CalWORKs