Please click HERE to check current office availability.
What is Medi-Cal?
Medi-Cal is California’s Medicaid public health insurance program. Medi-Cal provides free or low-cost medical services for children and adults with limited income (and limited resources for some Medi-Cal programs). It is supported by federal and state taxes. Effective January 1, 2014, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) expanded Medi-Cal coverage to previously ineligible adults (childless, non-disabled, non-elderly).
What services are covered by Medi-Cal?
- Outpatient (ambulatory) services
- Emergency services
- Maternity and newborn care
- Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment
- Prescription drugs
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services/devices (physical and occupational therapy)
- Laboratory services
- Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
- Certain adult dental services
- Pediatric services, including dental and vision care