Select a language:

Education - Training Programs

You may be eligible to attend school while participating in the CalWORKs Welfare to Work Program. If you are already in school when you apply you might be eligible to continue, or we may be able to refer you to training as part of an approved program activity.

Vocational training programs include, but are not limited to, those offered by:

  • Adult Education Schools
  • Local Community College Districts
  • Regional Occupational Programs (ROP)

These providers offer training in employer-specific job skills in a classroom or on-site setting which can be expected to lead to employment. During participation in an approved educational program, childcare, transportation, and some other necessary costs may be paid by the program to help you attend school. The program cannot pay tuition fees.

Useful Links