Apply for Medi-Cal benefits online at BenefitsCal.com. To learn more about BenefitsCal, including new features and capabilities, click here.
- Applications for the Medi-Cal Program can be completed in person
- To begin the process you will need to locate the Social Services Regional Center that serves your city or zip code.
- You should be prepared to spend a minimum of two hours at the Social Services Regional Center
- Unless there is an emergent need for medical care, benefits may not be issued the same day
- Apply during business hours Monday - Friday 6:30 am - 8:00 pm at 1-800-281-9799
- Get Social Services Agency office hours and locations
- Obtain secure and private benefit information for CalWORKs, CalFresh, Medi-Cal, and/or General Relief
- Request a replacement Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) and/or Medi-Cal Card
- Access Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- You can fax your Medi-Cal application at 1-714-645-3489
If you are unable to access any of these documents please call 1-800-281-9799 and one will be sent to you
For information on Covered California
- Visit www.coveredca.com or call toll free at 1-800-300-1506
- Get information on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
- Compare and purchase health insurance and access financial assistance to pay for coverage